Here are some answers to some common questions relating to playing the Real Video clips to get the best possible results. There is also additional information in the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page.
I have found that most problems with RealPlayers not playing video clips can be solved quickly by either downloading and installing the most recent version of the player, or reinstalling it if you already have the most recent version. Click here to download the latest version of the RealPlayer .
1. If you are behind a fire wall like "Zone Alarm," and you get a message that says something like "RealPlayer wants to act as a server," click "Yes." This allows your player to better manage your internet connection and will improve performance. Your system will still be secure.
2. Clips won't stream continuously. I keep getting "net congestion" messages on Real Player, the sound cuts out, or the video starts and stops. Or, I get a message that says the RealVideo Server has reached maximum capacity".
This may happen if your modem is too slow, your ISP's connection to the 'net is overloaded, you are connecting from a great distance, a major "net storm" is on, or if our web site is exceptionally popular that day.
In any case, if you have these congestion or traffic problems:
4. I just downloaded & installed the Real Player, but the player doesn't launch when I click on the video links to your videos.
5. Clips marked "RealVideo 10" require the latest version of the Real Player and will not play on older players.
6. Finally, visit Real Networks for more info on the RealPlayer: http://service.real.com/rpoptions.html
Our FAQ Page (Frequently Asked Questions)
Questions? Comments? Suggestions?r